Monday, November 23, 2015

Gingerbread Family Christmas

 Hi everyone! I hope that you had a nice, relaxing weekend! We were able to spend some time with family yesterday to celebrate Thanksgiving together! It is so much fun to see everyone and catch up over delicious food! :)

Anyways, I have a fun card to share with you that is being featured on the Lawn Fawn Blog today!


This card features Lawn Fawn's "Toboggan Together" stamp and dies, "Sweet Christmas" stamp and dies, "Stitched Hillside Border" dies, "Scalloped Rectangle Stackables" die, and some of their inks as well - Mermaid, Fish Tank, and Freshly Cut Grass. I started with a white card base, and inked the edges with the Mermaid ink. I really like how it adds a hint of color around the edge for the sky. Then, I cut out two hills from white card stock and added some frosted lace stickles to the edge. The trees are stamped in the Freshly Cut Grass ink, die cut, and attached with glue. I wanted the gingerbread family to look like gingerbread, so I die cut them from kraft card stock, and added the details with a white gel pen. The family is attached with foam tape, and then the sentiment is stamped in the Fish Tank blue ink.


To make the frame, I die cut a piece of glittery paper with the scalloped rectangle die. If you have the regular rectangle dies, you can die cut that in the middle to make the frame. If you don't have the regular rectangle dies, then determine how much you want to cut from the inside, and use an X-acto knife and ruler to cut out the inside.

Thanks for stopping by today, and thank you Kelly Marie for sharing this card on the LF blog this morning! Have a great week! :)

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)