Wednesday, December 10, 2014

25 Days of Christmas Day 10!

Ah, I can't believe that it is December 10th!! Today is my daughters one year birthday! Where did this year go?! We have prayed and waiting for a child for so long and I thank God every day that she is here!

December 10th is also a special day to my husband and I because it is the day that we started dating and the day that we got engaged! Ever since we started dating, we have always watched the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" every year on December 10th (except for last year because we were in the hospital!). So, I think it is the perfect day to share this card with you!


This card features Lawn Fawn's "Cole's ABCs' dies, "Winter Sparrow" stamp set, and "Snow Day" patterned paper. I die cut the sentiment from a piece of white card stock and made sure to keep the centers of the a, o, d, and r (I almost lost the "a" piece at one point!). Then I adhered the white card stock to the patterned paper and added the middle pieces of the letters. Then, I stamped, colored, die cut, and used foam tape to adhere the sparrows to the card. I finished by adding a few music notes.

Well, thanks for stopping by! I am going to enjoy this "wonderful" day with my husband and daughter! :)

4 comments:

  1. Love the card and the custom sentiment! I really enjoyed reading about how special this day is to your family. Hope your daughter has a wonderful 1st birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your daughter...late but its so special I had to wish her. That is so neat that this date holds so many special memories. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet background story for this perfectly creative card! My story has a fun parallel to yours; after years of waiting my first son was born 31 years ago on Dec 11. Birthday love to you and your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very special card for a very special day for us! God allowed us to share our special day with our precious baby girl and we will definitely need to resume our tradition of watching this great film. Keep it up with the 25 Cards of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)